UPDATED: Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
The opening of Toy Story Land, located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, is just around the corner – opening on June 30, 2018! Disney released new images of the attractions at Toy Story Land and it’s looking great! Disney is putting the finishing touches and it will all be ready for the opening date.
UPDATE: Beginning July 1, 2018, Hollywood Studios will have extended park hours from 8:00 AM to 10:30 PM! The new park hours will be for a limited time through August 25, 2018. Walt Disney World had extended hours for Animal Kingdom last year for the opening of Pandora – The World of Avatar. They will be doing the same for the opening of Toy Story Land. And that’s not all! They will also have Extra Magic Hours at Hollywood Studios (7:00 AM to 8:00 AM) from July 1 to August 25, 2018. This means park guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will have early entry to Hollywood Studios!
This newest addition has been highly anticipated since it was first announced in 2015. Guests entering this new land will shrink down to toy size and be surrounded by larger than life versions of all of their favorite Toy Story characters.
Two new attractions will be joining the current guest-favorite Toy Story Mania!
- Alien Swirling Saucers – The aliens from Toy Story will take you on a spin through space (minimum height of 32 inches)! This ride is designed as a toy from Pizza Planet and placed in Andy’s backyard. Guests will fly around in the toy flying saucers while “The Claw” appears overhead.
- Slinky Dog Dash – Hop on Slinky Dog on a family-friendly roller coaster (minimum height of 38 inches)! This is a roller coaster the whole family can enjoy. Here’s a first-look video of Slinky Dog Dash:
UPDATE: Another fun addition to the land is Wheezy, the toy penguin with a broken squeaker. Wheezy will be an audio-animatronic figure similar to Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story Mania at Hollywood Studios. At the end of Slinky Dog Dash, Wheezy sings “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” using the microphone from Mike, the tape recorder.
A new quick service restaurant, Woody’s Lunch Box, will serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner and will be featuring old-fashioned floats and other American classics! Here are some of the foods that will be offered at Woody’s Lunch Box:
- S’more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Smoked Turkey, Eggs, Swiss, Peppers, and Onions on Sourdough
- Breakfast Bowl
- BBQ Brisket Melt
- Monte Cristo with Raspberry Jam
- Raspberry Lunch Box Pop Tart with Icing and Dried Fruit and
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Pop Tart with Icing and Caramelized Bacon
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait
- Smoked Turkey, Tomato, and Lettuce on Multigrain Bread
- Soda Floats
Guests will also be able to meet and greet with various characters like Buzz Lightyear, Woody, and Jessie!
We can’t wait to experience this new land and feel like we stepped right into the movies with all of our favorite characters! Hope to see you there! To infinity and beyond!