F is for FastPass+!
FastPass+ is a system that allows you to skip the long standby lines for select attractions in all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks! It is free with park admission and can really help you in planning your dream Walt Disney World Vacation!
- If you are staying on property at any Walt Disney World Resort, you can make 3 FastPass+ selections for your entire party up to 60 days in advance!
- FastPass+ selections are available for rides, attractions, character greetings, and select shows!
- After your first 3 FastPass+ selections are completed, continue the fun by booking 1 more FastPass+ selection at a time, based on availability of course!
- Link the FastPass+ selections to your MagicBand and the My Disney Experience App for a worry free vacation!
Some recommended FastPass+ selections include:
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Space Mountain
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Frozen Ever After
- Test Track
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith
- Tower of Terror
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Midway Mania
- Expedition Everest
- Flight of Passage
G is for Guardians of the Galaxy!
Slated to open for Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th Anniversary in 2021 is the highly anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster! While Disney hasn’t released much information about this attraction yet, here is what we do know:
- This uniquely themed roller coaster is expected to be one of the world’s largest indoor roller coasters!
- The show building housing the coaster is so big it can hold 4 Spaceship Earth attractions! That is big!
- It will be the very first attraction in Walt Disney World Resort based on a Marvel Comic.
We can’t wait for this attraction to open, 2021 can’t come soon enough!
H is for Happily Ever After!
Happily Ever After is the nighttime fireworks extravaganza that takes place every evening at Cinderella Castle. It highlights many Disney and Pixar movies with lights, lasers, projections, music, and fireworks! For our family seeing this amazing show is always the highlight of our trip to Magic Kingdom. Here are some tips for the best views of the show:
- Want a good view of the projections? Find a spot in front of the castle at least 1 hour prior to the show! (Bring a small blanket/towel to sit on!)
- Don’t save a spot for 20 people. Cast members will make everyone squish together and fill in all available space!
- Keep your eye on the sky! Tinker Bell flies from the top of the castle on the right side, waving her sparkly wand at the crowd below.
- Put your phone down! The show is so beautiful and so much is happening around you, take in the moment with the ones you love!
I is for IllumiNations!
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is the nighttime fireworks show that takes place at the World Showcase Lagoon at Epcot. The show has been entertaining guests for almost 20 years and is slated to come to an end in the summer of 2019. With it’s message of unity and conservation IllumiNations holds a very special place in the hearts of many. Make sure to catch it before it is gone!
- The show takes place at 9 P.M. weather permitting every night.
- IllumiNations can be seen all around the World Showcase but for the best views book a dinner reservation after 8 P.M. at one of the restaurants facing the lagoon. Our favorite is La Hacienda de San Angel. They even turn down the lights and pipe in the music!
- To catch a daytime up close view of the IllumiNations rafts watch for the drawbridge near the African Outpost to open in late afternoon. It is an amazing sight! No one can cross the bridge at this time so make sure your group is together!
J is for Jungle Cruise!
The Jungle Cruise is a fun boat ride through some of the most pun-tactic rivers in all of the world! Travel to the Nile…for niles and niles…and..well you get the idea! Keep an eye out for headhunters heading your way! It is surely an adventure all the way from beginning to end!
- The puns are flying all around you on this ride, keep your ears peeled!
- During the holidays the ride transforms into the Jingle Cruise complete with jolly jokes and decorations!
- Just across from the Jungle Cruise is the Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen where guests can have a nice sit down meal after their long voyage! The jokes are flowing here too just like the Jungle Cruise!
- No matter the time of year, lines for this ride can get very long, FastPass+ is recommended!
K is for Kilimanjaro Safari!
Kilimanjaro Safari is an attraction located in the Africa section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It is a leisurely ride through an open air Savannah where guests of all ages can see wild animals in a wild setting!
- This is an amazing outdoor attraction where guests of all ages are welcome, however it is very bumpy at times so make sure you are holding on to your little ones tight!
- Keep your camera out, with 110 acres including plains, a lush forest, and wetlands you never know when a wild animal may walk past your vehicle!
- While you are in your vehicle, listen close to your tour guide as they tell you all about the land and animals you are seeing!
- Every ride is unique with over 15 different types of animals you never know what you might see!