Q is for Quick Service!
Quick service restaurants are great dining options for picking up a quick bite to eat while visiting Walt Disney World Resort. There are so many reasons these restaurants are a great option for a quick bite to eat.
- Every single theme park on Walt Disney World Resort has a variety of quick service options.
- Many of the resorts on property also offer great quick service options and are often open very early and very late for your convenience!
- Many of the quick service locations in the theme parks now offer mobile ordering so you can order your food ahead of time and it will be ready when you arrive to the restaurant! Check the My Disney Experience mobile app for participating locations!
R is for Rivers of Light
Rivers of Light is a nighttime show that takes place in Animal Kingdom at the lagoon near Expedition Everest. It is a beautiful story showcasing the story of mans oneness with nature!
- This is a 15 minute show held two times a night (weather permitting) so if you want to see the show make sure you plan accordingly!
- There are many places to see the show throughout the land but if you want preferred seating book a FastPass+!
- Guests can also book a Rivers of Light Dining or Dessert Package for an extra fee that includes reserved or premium seating for the show!
S is for Spaceship Earth, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!
Spaceship Earth is arguably the icon for the Epcot theme park! It is the first thing you see when arriving at Epcot and many people consider this the best attraction in all of Epcot!
- This is a dark omnimover ride narrated by Dame Judi Dentch that takes guests on a journey from the beginning of recorded history all the way to present time.
- Say cheese! Your picture will be taken and later you will choose your future by using the touchscreen in front of you!
- Make sure to look for hidden Mickeys! How many can you find?
- As you exit the ride send a postcard to your future self at Project Tomorrow!
Possibly the most anticipated new land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, will be opening in 2019 at Hollywood Studios! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be opening in Spring 2019 at Disneyland Resort and in the Fall 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort. There will be two attractions at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge:
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Guests will board a life-size Millennium Falcon! Dreams do come true!
- Guests will be tasked with a unique mission aboard the Millennium Falcon.
- Each guest will be have one of three flight crew roles – pilot the Millennium Falcon, shoot blasters, or prepare for hyperspace!
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- This attraction will be the biggest built in scale ever at Disney Parks.
- It will immerse guests inside the hangar bay while in the middle of an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
We cannot wait for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to open, 2019 cannot come soon enough!
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a popular roller coaster attraction located in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. As soon as the park opens, many guests make their way to Fantasyland and begin lining up for this attraction. The wait times rarely drop below an hour so we highly recommend making a FastPass+ reservation!
T is for Tomorrowland and Toy Story Land!
Tomorrowland is a themed section located in Magic Kingdom Park and is all about the future. It has many attractions and is one of the most popular lands in all of the park! Make sure to check out:
- Space Mountain for an out-of-this-world roller coaster ride through space! FastPass+ reservation is highly recommended for this popular attraction!
- Keep an eye out at the entrance of this land for the infamous #PurpleWall!
- At the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover enjoy some behind the scenes views of various Tomorrowland attractions including Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin!
- Take a break from heat, give your feet a rest, and enjoy Carousel of Progress! It sure is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!
- Tron Lightcycle Power Run just broke ground this year in Tomorrowland and will surely be an amazing attraction when it opens in 2021!
Toy Story Land is located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Every guest who visits Toy Story Land shrinks down to to the size of a toy and gets to play in Andy’s backyard!
- Take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers!
- Make sure to make a FastPass+ reservation for Slinky Dog Dash! The views of the upcoming Star Wars Land are spectacular!
- Grab a treat at Woody’s Lunchbox! They have S’More French Toast Sandwiches for breakfast and Totchos for lunch! YUM!
- Ride and blast through moving targets in 4D at Toy Story Mania!
U is for Up! A Great Bird Adventure!
Up! A Great Bird Adventure is a wonderful live entertainment attraction that is now showing in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom! It features characters from the movie Up! and live exotic birds from all over the world!
- This show takes place 5 times a day (weather permitting) so you should definitely be able to fly by and catch a show!
- From November 8, 2018 to January 1, 2019 celebrate the festival of lights, Diwali, in a special version of the show!
- The show lasts for about 20 minutes, just the perfect time to take a break, recharge, and catch an amazing performance!