On May 11, 2018 Maleficent, the fire breathing dragon parade float in the Festival of Fantasy Parade, unexpectedly caught fire and had to be removed from the parade lineup to undergo repairs. After many months of repairs she is fired up to be back in the parade!
The Beauty Is In The Details…
The Maleficent parade float is one of the most intricate and detailed floats of any parade in Walt Disney World. Let’s learn a bit more about this beautiful beast!
- Maleficent made her first debut in the Festival of Fantasy Parade in 2014!
- She still has a cool retro steampunk look with glowing green eyes, the infamous spinning wheel in her mid-section, and of course she still breathes fire!
- She is 53 feet long and 26 feet high!
- Over the years she has logged over 700 miles during her time in Festival of Fantasy Parade!
- Along with Maleficent are her Ravens, Prince Phillip, as well as Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather!
- Guests visiting Disneyland Paris can also catch Maleficent in the magnificent Disney Stars on Parade!
But wait! There’s More!
- Back for a limited time is the Maleficent ice cream cone! Featuring lime soft serve in a black waffle cone topped with purple sugar and decadent chocolate horns! Find this devilishly sweet treat as well as many other goodies at Storybook Treats in Fantasyland!
- Other fantastic merchandise is also available including pins, clothing, jewelry, and ears!
We are so happy to see Maleficent back where she belongs in the Festival of Fantasy Parade! You can catch the parade daily in Magic Kingdom at 3:00 PM!
You may also like: